I have so much to share with you in this update! Support raising has continued to be very busy and has had me both in Columbus and my hometown of Toledo in June. God continues to challenge yet amaze me at the same time throughout this process in the ways He is orchestrating meetings and connections and inspiring others to give in support of the Kingdom through my ministry.
PRAISE!!! I have recently passed the 75% mark in my overall monthly support goal.
What does that really mean? Well, that means I only need about $850 more in monthly commitments to reach my 100% goal and be a fully-funded missionary able to make concrete plans for my move. We’re so close, folks!
With my upcoming move abroad, I have tried to be much more intentional to spend quality time with my family. Last weekend, I got to spend three entire days with my Mom and siblings in Chicago, where my oldest brother Justin and sister-in-law Joslyn live. With all of our schedules and living in three different cities across the country, we are all rarely in the same place at the same time. For Mother’s Day this year, we wanted to plan a trip for our Mom and let her hang out with her favorite people for some much overdue family time!
June has been a very busy month for our local staff in San Salvador. They have hosted THREE mission teams this month from three different partner churches in the States. The last of these teams is still in San Salvador and will be serving until July 5, so please be praying for all of them this week and the people they are ministering to.
I have some (more) exciting news!
In 30 DAYS I will have the opportunity to return to San Salvador and serve for a week with a mission team from my home church in Columbus, Rock City. I truly believed when I began raising support that I would not be able to visit my future home and missions field until I was making “the big move”. A few months ago, God provided a way for me to go on this trip at no cost to me, and there’s no way I could pass up on that opportunity to be with the Rock City team July 30-August 7. I am counting down the days until I will be able to see all of my friends in San Salvador who have become like family over the past couple of years–and can’t wait to serve God with them at our Children’s Development Centers!
Thank you for your continued support, prayers, guidance and encouragement.
Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. // Colossians 3:23-24
Que Dios los bendiga,
- That I will reach 100% of my overall monthly support goal by July 30.
- For the garage sale my Mom and I will be hosting in support of my missions work in Toledo, July 21-23. That it will be both financially fruitful but also serve as a way to spread the word about what God is doing through our ministry in San Salvador
- If you will be in the Toledo area during those days, let me know so I can give you directions to stop by and say “Hi”!
- For the mission team from Bay Area Community Church in Maryland that will be serving with our team in San Salvador, July 23-31.
- For the 17 children between our two Children’s Development Centers who are currently in need of a sponsor.