Hola, amigos! June was full of activity and I am praising God for each moment of it.
Race for the Soul
Do you live in or near the Columbus, Ohio area? Do you like to exercise while supporting a good cause? Then this announcement is for YOU! On September 28th, Race for the Soul at the Columbus Zoo will help to benefit Total Health, the organization that supports our two medical clinics here in San Salvador!
I am representing El Salvador as Team Captain and although I’m not able to be there in person, Pastor Victor is planning to attend and participate in the race! I and everyone else here will be cheering from all the way down south. There are 5k run, walk and kid race options. This is a great opportunity to bond with your family, small group or co-workers!
Make sure to register under “Team El Salvador” so that the funds will be directed specifically to Total Health.
To learn more and to register to race, visit raceforthesoul.com
If you are unable to attend the event but would still like to support the cause, you may do so at the link above as well. There are cool prizes for those that raise the most money or perform the best in races!
Thank you, CedarCreek Church!
We had another great experience with a missions team from CedarCreek Church in Toledo, Ohio! The leaders, Jim and Cindy Casey, have been friends of mine for years and it was great to see them and meet lots of new folks as well.
The main focus of this team was to kickstart the construction of our new Recreational Center in the Volcano Children’s Development Center. Most of the funds for the project were given in memorial of a woman, Judi, that was a member of CedarCreek and came here on a missions trip several years ago. Sadly, Judi passed away earlier this year but her family wanted to honor her memory and make an eternal impact at the same time. We are so blessed by this donation and the team’s willingness to get (really) dirty to get this project going. We are expecting construction to be complete in August!
In June, my dad also came to visit for a couple quick but precious days. It was great having him here even for a short time and we crammed in as much activity as we could. We’re so thankful for him and are excited to see him and so many others from my family in a few months for our wedding!
- God was faithful in safety and timing with the CedarCreek team! We were able to make lots of progress on the construction project while still evangelizing, visiting homes and teaching the children at the Center about God’s promises.
- A fun visit from my dad; again, God was Good in His protection!
- Chepe and I found an apartment! We are so relieved to have found a home that will fit our needs in a safe area once we are married.
- For the upcoming mission teams we will be hosting in July from Bay Area Community Church (Maryland) and Rock City Church (Ohio); that God would give me and our local team wisdom as we plan and that He would ultimately have all the control and glory for the work the missionaries will do here!
- For God’s presence to overwhelm the communities of the families we serve in our ministry. It is too often that we are told that a family has to move because of threats to their safety due to the violence in these areas. We trust that God’s plan is perfect and that His protection would cover these children and families.
We are so fortunate to have this opportunity to continue serving the local church here and advancing the gospel in San Salvador in the years to come!